PDA

View Full Version : Fairwell My Sweet

MacFreshNYC
Dec 28, 2009, 10:50 AM
Dear MBA,

How I fell in madly in love with you once my eyes got even a glimpse. And then to touch you. Ahh that was heaven. To play with your buttons was ecstacy.
I was so smitten that I brought you with me everywhere I went. I found myself bragging about you to everyone.
But alas, I must bid you adieu. When we first started our time together, I was thinking that you would be my one and only. But I see after only a few weeks that you are not meant for that. You shine best when you are a second or third option.

My love, I am looking for a primary and one and only and want to settle down with only one.

You should know that I met someone else, who goes by the name of MBP (13", 4GB, 256 SSD) who, while admittedly not as sexy as you and never will be, is more suited to being my one and only.

So goodbye my love. I will never forget you.

jtmav
Dec 28, 2009, 12:27 PM
You realize, over time, your MBP will know that while your staring at her, your lusting after your first love. She'll wonder why you don't bring her everywhere like you used to. Is it the weight she's seemed to gain over time she'll wonder.:D

Good luck with your new girl.
JTMav

haiggy
Dec 28, 2009, 01:36 PM
Well done to both of you :D

rotorblade69
Dec 28, 2009, 01:50 PM
For the day she realizes you still have enough cash for a MBP.

http://www.nycdivorcelawyer.net/

ctrack52
Dec 29, 2009, 09:48 AM
You realize, over time, your MBP will know that while your staring at her, your lusting after your first love. She'll wonder why you don't bring her everywhere like you used to. Is it the weight she's seemed to gain over time she'll wonder.:D

Good luck with your new girl.
JTMav

You're a guy, save your coins, buy both!

applesupergeek
Dec 29, 2009, 04:55 PM
You may rejoin your sweet in some future iteration with larger ssd and more power cpu.

the first cut is the deepest as they say...

racer1441
Dec 29, 2009, 06:37 PM
Creepy.

Funny, but also kinda creepy.

Scottsdale
Dec 29, 2009, 08:37 PM
Very creative thread. Only a Mac user would give so much thought and creativity to a lost relationship with his/her computer.

Nice Post!

Happy Holidays.

brop52
Dec 29, 2009, 09:02 PM
Good post. However, it's farewell not fairwell.

uniforms
Dec 29, 2009, 09:35 PM
Great thread....

Although I switched to the MBP, I miss my sexy girl. I just wish her drive was larger, then there would be no question as to whom I would be committed to! I still smitten!

AAPLaday
Dec 29, 2009, 11:52 PM
So your going from a girl with a banging body to a thicker heffer :D

Abyssgh0st
Dec 30, 2009, 11:08 AM
I'm kind of with you in this boat OP; except that I'm going to a 21.5" iMac that I got today. I will miss some things about the MBA, but I won't relish my new machine for it.

And AAPLady, if he is going to a thicker heifer, then I am going to a mammoth beast!

Scottsdale
Dec 30, 2009, 12:04 PM
So your going from a girl with a banging body to a thicker heffer :D

LMAO... Nice! That's how I select my ladies and my Mac. Ha ha.

dummydam
Dec 30, 2009, 12:33 PM
ha ha way to go mate...

HLdan
Dec 30, 2009, 08:27 PM
Removed post.

SnowLeopard2008
Dec 31, 2009, 02:26 AM
I'm kind of with you in this boat OP; except that I'm going to a 21.5" iMac that I got today. I will miss some things about the MBA, but I won't relish my new machine for it.

And AAPLady, if he is going to a thicker heifer, then I am going to a mammoth beast!

I guess the 27" iMacs are what? Jabba the Hutt? :D

mcpryon2
Dec 31, 2009, 02:46 AM
It's better to have Macbook Aired and lost, then to have never Macbook Aired at all...

Les Kern
Dec 31, 2009, 03:34 AM
Why have one orgasm if you can have two? Keep the Air around like a mistress who occasionally doesn't mind her ports being probed.

applesupergeek
Dec 31, 2009, 05:26 AM
It's better to have Macbook Aired and lost, then to have never Macbook Aired at all...

hahaha, very nice!

I guess the 27" iMacs are what? Jabba the Hutt? :D

They are a bit heavy boned aren't they? I 'd classify the imacs as a pal, a good pal, and if they get that matte option or a "museum glass" to take care of the glare a bosom buddy.

entatlrg
Dec 31, 2009, 06:00 PM
The problem with the Air is once you've had a taste it's hard to stay away ...

She's a great ride, good in bed but not so competent and capable in professional situations ...

Still, I can't help but visit frequently ... everyone likes a great ride ! :)

Happy New Year !!

acurafan
Dec 31, 2009, 06:12 PM
no one wants overpriced anorexic slab of meat. they want the full monty. :D

...I met someone else, who goes by the name of MBP (13", 4GB, 256 SSD) who, while admittedly not as sexy as you and never will be, is more suited to being my one and only.
wait 'til you meet her sister, 15"!

allmIne
Jan 1, 2010, 06:31 AM
This whole thread is weird.

Just... weird.

ejkionka
Jan 1, 2010, 09:02 AM
I could have written the original post. After TWO Airs, which I loved, I have moved on to my MPB 13". But for me, if the Air gets an additional USB port and longer battery life, and maybe a faster processor (although that's not essential), I'm going back. (A 120GB ssd is enough for me.) I'm sticking firmly to my "one computer" rule, so for now that has to be the MBP.

happyslayer
Jan 2, 2010, 12:29 AM
Just to keep the creepy weirdness going and possibly giving out way too much information...

When it comes to women, I generally like 'em thick... you know because thicker means more curves usually.

But when it comes to my laptops... I like 'em thin. And it just doesn't get better than the Air.

But I can understand your reasoning... can't even remotely identify, but I understand it.

applesupergeek
Jan 2, 2010, 05:59 AM
You gotta like them (legally) young too, and you can't get much younger than the air!:D:cool::apple:

All Taken
Jan 2, 2010, 06:10 AM
You gotta like them (legally) young too, and you can't get much younger than the air!:D:cool::apple:

Too far?

:rolleyes:

Scottsdale
Jan 2, 2010, 12:24 PM
Too far?

Naw, but it shows just how big of geeks we all are... somehow the MBA is just as important to us as our women.

Makes me think about the Bud Lite commercial where the girl says to her boyfriend "if your dog and I were both hanging over the edge of a cliff and you could only save one of us who would you save?" Man says, "you." Girl says, "what if it was me and your mom?" Man says, "sorry mom." Girl says, "what if it was me or your Bud Lite?" Man, cannot respond... then says, "how high is the cliff?"

I always think that should be a MacBook Air commercial!

applesupergeek
Jan 2, 2010, 03:33 PM
Too far?

Nah, it' d have been too far if I hadn't included the "legally" bit!:D

But seriously, a newer model is indeed more fashionable, that's the norm in computing, as it is in fashion, in appliances, in cars in most things. That's why the air being a newer/younger model is more alluring because it has incorporated all the design cues that have evolved technologically, as with fashion it might not be to everyone's liking, but still, no one can deny it's cutting edge design. The tapered edges most of all, and see how all of a sudden everyone's copying apple's tapered edges, as per usual.

Malithion
Jan 2, 2010, 07:19 PM
Taking this innuendo too far whats it mean if you product is refurbished? lol

AAPLaday
Jan 3, 2010, 02:36 AM

Divorced and once again looking for 'the right one', had some work done on her, in some cases used to be a man, low self esteem compared to new models so cheaper to pick up :D

thegoldenmackid
Jan 3, 2010, 02:39 AM
Good post. However, it's farewell not fairwell.

Thank gawd, oh the English language these days.

phoobo
Jan 3, 2010, 02:48 AM

Innuendo? Isn't that an Italian suppository?

I had a fling with Airy too, but had to end it when she turned out not to be a screamer.