Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thekidwholived

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
I recently took my computer in for repairs. When I picked it up the guy said that: "All your documents are still there, including your music, but you will need to re-download iTunes, but when you do, all your music will be there"

I loaded my iTunes today - all my music was there, except the majority of songs had exclamation points beside them, and when I clicked to play them a message came up stating the song could not be used because its original file could not be found, and it asked me to locate it manually. (When I did so I couldn't find anything anywhere)

I noticed that all these songs were the ones I had downloaded from Limewire. So, I re-downloaded Limewire hoping it would put all my music back on to my iTunes, only to find that my entire Limewire library has been deleted (I don't care much about that, but there goes my only idea)

Point is, I have no idea where, how, and if i'll even be able to locate my songs.. will I have to download every single one all over again from Limewire?

An idea I have of my own is: If I plug in my iPod (which has all these "lost" songs) will all those lost songs become un-lost? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.