Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hokiepokie07

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Is it possible to save The Sims 3 to iDisk with Mobile Me, and then be able to play it on other Macintosh computers? Or would I still have to install it on each computer?

thanks!

Mufasa804

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2009
That's actually a very good idea. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just have iDisk syncing on your desktop and you should be fine. I might just try that out too.

airwalke

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2004
Hmm... pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't that make gameplay pretty slow, loading stuff constantly on your "online" disk?

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
Since the Sims 3 is constantly loading data, it would be really slow. And the game requires you to have the CD in the drive in order to play. There are no-CD patches, though.

Steve

crobbins

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2006
Colorado
This does not seem like a viable option. As someone previously stated, the disk is required to run the game. Even if you were to crack the game, it would be nearly impossible to get it to truly run..you might be able to load it, but playing would be another thing..

hokiepokie07

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
you can download it straight from gametreeonline.com, legally, with no disk. I see what you mean though about having to have it constantly load on idisk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.