Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dynamooo

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2007
I have brought this up in other threads, and I think its quite and interesting topic.

Not so long ago the move from PowerPc to Intel Macs was a big thing, the one of the main benefits was the possibility to run Windows on the mac.

This was snapped up by Apple as an opportunity to draw in a new group of users from the pc market. It was a really big selling point for alot of the early Intel Macs.

Forgive me for waffling, but basically Apple I think are delaying the bootcamp update, because they view Windows 7 as a threat to OS X and its uptake. Which sounds obvious but there is more to it, this bootcamp update only affects people who have a mac and OS X already.

This lack of and update gives Apple a edge compared to Windows 7.

Which leads to my main point, all this behaviour all makes good business sense etc.. but it fundamentally undermines Apples entire business model (Why use windows and Mac is far better).

If Apple believed in their products, they would not needs to compromise Windows 7.

Please remember I am not an apple basher, I own several Apple machines, I just also like Windows, different animals for different jobs!

It reminds me of Intel and Amd benchmarks games of the past!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It will be ready when its ready.

I don't think its any sort of nefarious move on apple's part because they're afraid of MS :rolleyes:

Its not the first time a company promised delivery of a product only to see that deadline come and go. Beside for the most part the current set of drivers that apple does supply work with windows 7. Remember windows 7 is an upgrade, i.e., bug fix, for vista and the device drivers that work for vista work for windows7. Just use what's already being supplied or just search the net for other device drivers. Its not like apple using proprietary components (for the most part), the drivers are out there if you wish to do the leg work.

Dynamooo

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2007
some automatic fan control would be quite adequate? could you point me to the drivers that do that?

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.