Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoachStall

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Indy
I ordered a pair of NuForce NE-7M buds for my 3G over X-mas.

On my first use with them, there is a noticeable difference in the volume between the two earbuds. Specifically the left one with the microphone is louder.

I made sure the iPhone plug is clean and clear of dust. I checked the iPhone with different earbuds but did not notice the difference in volume like in the NE-7M. I tried the NE-7M with my iPod and still had the difference in volumes.

Update: The differnece in volume is the same, but now when bass is present, it just gives a low buzz sound in place of the beat.

Has anyone else had trouble with them like this? I have opened a request/ticket on their support page, but no responses yet. Just curious if anyone has experience with their customer support and how well you were taken care of.

swy05

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2008
I ordered a pair of NuForce NE-7M buds for my 3G over X-mas.

On my first use with them, there is a noticeable difference in the volume between the two earbuds. Specifically the left one with the microphone is louder.

I made sure the iPhone plug is clean and clear of dust. I checked the iPhone with different earbuds but did not notice the difference in volume like in the NE-7M. I tried the NE-7M with my iPod and still had the difference in volumes.

Update: The differnece in volume is the same, but now when bass is present, it just gives a low buzz sound in place of the beat.

Has anyone else had trouble with them like this? I have opened a request/ticket on their support page, but no responses yet. Just curious if anyone has experience with their customer support and how well you were taken care of.

Their customer service is excellent. Albeit the couple of issues I had with the NE-7M. They will take care of you and the problem.

gunzmaiet

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2009
With the actual removeable earpiece? I took them off and tried to make sure i had them on correctly.

Maybe i should try a diffent size?

with "in-ear" type buds, you have to test all sizes of tips and find the best fit, if you dont seal it right, it sounds really bad

CoachStall

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Indy
Same effect with different sized buds. The sound goes in and out...guess ill have to wait to hear back from NuForce

gunzmaiet

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2009
have you had previous experience with in ear buds? if they didnt do this, then you have a faulty pair

CoachStall

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Indy
NuForce is sending a replacement set in about a week. So far i am happy with service...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.