PDA

View Full Version : I like the 5g Nano / I hate the Nano 5g

I'm 5 ft 8
Dec 30, 2009, 09:23 AM
OK OK It doesn't have all the whistles and bells of other iPods, but it will do.
What are your likes and dislikes ? I'll start.

Cover Flow
Screen Size
Radio Stations

DISLIKES:
Why is the headphone jack on the bottom ?
Does not have a belt clip. Come on :apple: even my el-cheapo Mini had one.

miles01110
Dec 30, 2009, 09:44 AM
DISLIKES:
Why is the headphone jack on the bottom ?
Does not have a belt clip. Come on :apple: even my el-cheapo Mini had one.

The headphone jack is on the bottom on the iPod touch as well. I guess it's because they thought it would be less in-the-way when holding it in your hand.

The nanos have never had any sort of clip- the only iPods that have had built-in clips are the Shuffles.

lamina
Dec 30, 2009, 12:22 PM
I'd say the headphone port is on the bottom because they couldn't fit it behind the screen and still keep the form they have now. Soon iPods will be thinner than a headphone jack ;)

The current iPod touch is barely thicker than a headphone jack.

-Ryan-
Dec 30, 2009, 12:25 PM
I think having the headphone jack at the bottom is a big plus. When I'm using my iPhone with headphones in, it's really irritating having the cable droop over the screen as I try and use it.

1rottenapple
Jan 3, 2010, 12:17 PM
Perhaps to some, capacity is a negative. I am sure people would pay 220 for 32gb nano. I'm not one of them though :)

On the other end, its amazing how thin the nano is, coming from someone who has been using mp3 for the past 11 years since sophomore year in high school. Pretty soon the headphone jack will be too big.

Primejimbo
Jan 3, 2010, 12:23 PM
I like the jack on the bottom and the reason they probably don't put clips on it because people buy cases for them anyways.

weckart
Jan 3, 2010, 12:34 PM
I'd say the biggest drawback/design flaw is the curved surface, which means a screen that distorts and picks up more reflections than it otherwise would.