Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
I have installed Win7 on my Mac and it works fine other than the sound issue.

However, when I tried to start up Snow Leopard using the option key, I get "EFI Firmware" and "Windows" as the the two options not the "HD Macintosh". anyway, when I select to start the Mac side, it takes about 10 minutes to start up-seriously. Once it starts up, everything is fine. Windows starts up immediately when I select it.

I tried talking with Apple support but that was no help as they blamed it on the fact that Bootcamp does not support Win 7 at the moment.

Any ideas?

KoolStar

macrumors demi-god
Oct 16, 2006
Kentucky
It sounds like the partition type got changed somehow. Although I didnt think it was possible without data loss.

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
It sounds like the partition type got changed somehow. Although I didnt think it was possible without data loss.

Any suggestions to fix? I mean, everything works fine once it starts. It is a pain but not worth wiping out and losing my data.

The Windows side works fine.

Is there a way I can confirm the partition was changed?

Thanks

gman901

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Any suggestions to fix? I mean, everything works fine once it starts. It is a pain but not worth wiping out and losing my data.

The Windows side works fine.

Is there a way I can confirm the partition was changed?

Thanks

I have noticed the same issue. I have no idea why Windows 7 takes so long to boot up. I think Windows XP is better in terms of start up time. Maybe an SSD would boot Windows 7 a lot faster?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.