Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phineas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
South of the Border I-95
For those that have one of these , how are these as far as playing some games on Steam, obviously under a windows Bootcamp . Games are played here and there for maybe an hour or so, not like everyday or night.

Have an offer for my uMBP and was thinking of just getting a Mini in replacement,

Thanks

iSavant

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2007
Colorado
Try running the games you're interested in using your uMBP with the 9400M selected... the mini would be the same.

Only you can decide if you're okay with the performance and willing to give up the portability.

I like the current mini for my use and will prolly add the 799USD version to the household mix. I have the current Mac mini Server and will likely be selling my late 2008 uMBP in the near future.

I don't game though.

Good luck

phineas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
South of the Border I-95
Try running the games you're interested in using your uMBP with the 9400M selected... the mini would be the same.

Only you can decide if you're okay with the performance and willing to give up the portability.

I like the current mini for my use and will prolly add the 799USD version to the household mix. I have the current Mac mini Server and will likely be selling my late 2008 uMBP in the near future.

I don't game though.

Good luck

Good Point and I tried it and did NOT see any major serious effecting change, where as other's may I don't .

Have to check out the refurbished the next time apple list's allot of them like last evening when there were 4 different models available. Had 2 in my cart but with taxes coming up I didn't dare go through with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.