Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Niwa Rose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Utah
After making the changes some of you wonderful people suggested, I'm back with the new-and-improved EMEDCO site.

Things I've done to it:

Variable Height
Optimized Photos
JavaScript Slideshow
PHP Includes
New Header Design
New Contact Design

It's still lacking on content, but that will change once I get the necessary information. ^^

Here's the link: http://www.emtcpr.com/grey_final_php

So, what do you guys think? Do you have any more suggestions?

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
After making the changes some of you wonderful people suggested, I'm back with the new-and-improved EMEDCO site.

Things I've done to it:

Variable Height
Optimized Photos
JavaScript Slideshow
PHP Includes
New Header Design
New Contact Design

It's still lacking on content, but that will change once I get the necessary information. ^^

Here's the link: http://www.emtcpr.com/grey_final_php

So, what do you guys think? Do you have any more suggestions?

Looks good, but from a design standpoint:

I think the font is slightly too big. Try using font size 12 instead.

Also I would move over the "Home" so that it is aligned with the paragraph below. Besides that, I think it looks good.

Niwa Rose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Utah
Looks good, but from a design standpoint:

I think the font is slightly too big. Try using font size 12 instead.

Also I would move over the "Home" so that it is aligned with the paragraph below. Besides that, I think it looks good.

What's so cool is that the font will change according to the user's font setting in the browser. ^^

Okay, will do. ^^ Thanks for you suggestions! ^^

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
Looks good. Although at least in Firefox 3.5.7 I get this in the top right corner (gray banner is a pixel too short):
image.png

adamfishercox

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2007
The Times New Roman body text looks accidental, like you just forgot to style it. I'd use another font.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
The Times New Roman body text looks accidental, like you just forgot to style it. I'd use another font.

Yeah I agree, I really like how the site looks as a whole. Except the font just seems a little dated.

The other thing, the contact section in the top right looks like some extra spaces exist on some lines as all the lines don't look like they are justified the same. I am not sure what it is exactly.

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
Please change the font to a sans serif font. Serif fonts are hard to read on the screen and bad for people like me with dislexia.

Niwa Rose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Utah

Yeah I agree, I really like how the site looks as a whole. Except the font just seems a little dated.

The other thing, the contact section in the top right looks like some extra spaces exist on some lines as all the lines don't look like they are justified the same. I am not sure what it is exactly.

I agree with the thoughts on the Times New Roman.

Please change the font to a sans serif font. Serif fonts are hard to read on the screen and bad for people like me with dislexia.

I switched the font to Verdana. It was supposed to be that way from the beginning, but I forgot to add that into the css. ^^;

&Ingonyama

macrumors member
May 6, 2008
You should use headings for larger text instead of wrapping them divs, ideally the main logo should be an h1 with the rest of the headings starting at h2 etc.. Try disabling stylesheets to see if it makes sense like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.