PDA

View Full Version : Can't use all space on Ipod shuffle 3G (~180 mb)

farmermac
Jan 2, 2010, 09:29 AM
Just picked up an ipod shuffle for gym/track use. I really like it, you can't feel it clipped on a shirt. Definitely a different feeling than running with an iPhone on an arm band like I used to have.

Im a little curious as to why it has a 104mb of space (labeled "other" in orange") and why it wont let me use the last ~75 mb of free space to fill with songs.

I tried turning off Voiceover and the "other" space was still unavailable.

The only reason I can see is the player uses the flash memory to load the software and buffer songs. Is this the reason?

flynz4
Jan 2, 2010, 10:55 AM
I can't comment on your question... but I have one of my own.

Is there any way of advancing through your playlist without using the control on the headphone cord? Does that segment of the cord (with the controls) allow you to use any headphones... or does each headphone you use need to have the control built in?

I was looking at it specifically for the gym (the same as you). However, I do not like the apple earbuds, and prefer something more water/sweat resistant. I do not want to limit my choices to headphones with the built in controls.

/Jim

chown33
Jan 2, 2010, 12:04 PM
Is there any way of advancing through your playlist without using the control on the headphone cord? Does that segment of the cord (with the controls) allow you to use any headphones... or does each headphone you use need to have the control built in?

Example:
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-Control-Adapter-Generation-Shuffle/dp/B002CVTU56/ref=sr_1_1

Found using keywords: ipod shuffle control