Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamthemute

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
Hey there.

So I would of thought a hefty company like Apple would release some good software, but nah.

I would love a convenient way to:

- convert file to AAC (does this save much more space than 128 kbps?)
- chose those converted songs and sync

Oh, is there a better way to get album art than clicking each album and assigning the art manually with "Get Info"?

I have Media Monkey, it seems swell, but it places the songs onto the iPod in no folders, and not in the "Music" one. Also, it doesn't do anything for the artwork.

Thank you.

farmermac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2009
Iowa
All of which is easily doable in iTunes. Hit the apple site and search a bit before knocking it. Everything you're complaining about is very easy to fix. iTunes is very good. It shines at putting music on your iPod, definitely the better syncing I've ever seen from any mp3 player

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
iTunes is by far the best media player I've used. I used to hate it, but that's because I didn't realize I was doing the work my media players should have been doing for me. I used Musicmatch, WMP, MediaMonkey (which is good, but has too many options for my liking) and Winamp, but the metadata use of iTunes and the way it organizes and manages your media is far superior to me.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
There are reasons not to like iTunes, but they're not bugging you yet.

I've never had to convert to aac, so don't know that off the top of my head.

Next to each song is a check box. Check it then on your iPod check the box that says "sync only checked songs" (or something similar)

You could also put all the songs you want in playlists and only sync from those playlists.

And select several tracks, right click, "get album artwork". I think you have to be signed into iTunes for that to work though.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod101/tunes/ might be handy for you

iRach

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2009
When I first got my iPhone I wasn't keen on iTunes at all. I thought it was complicated and I'd never find my way around it, but after a while I'm doing ok, transferred my entire back cat from one library to another making playlists, burning discs etc. It's pretty good, give it time and fiddle alot!:D

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
- convert file to AAC (does this save much more space than 128 kbps?)

http://www.google.com/search?q=conv...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

- chose those converted songs and sync

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...c+selected+songs+to+ipod+itunes&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Oh, is there a better way to get album art than clicking each album and assigning the art manually with "Get Info"?

Look for this button in the bottom left corner of iTunes.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 173

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Why are you converting to AAC? What file format are your tracks in now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.