PDA

View Full Version : Blog Branding Feedback

gerfuls
Jan 2, 2010, 10:10 PM
I'm starting a blog and while the features i'm dreaming up aren't ready yet, I would like some feedback on my design, name, logo, etc. Here is the link: http://techparlor.blogsite.org/

Thanks!:)

gregtuco
Jan 5, 2010, 11:46 AM
Hello gerfuls,
I clicked on your link. My immediate reaction was that it looked like something professionally done, however, it took me a few seconds to determine what the blue graphic on the left was (it being a light, of course).

The name is pretty cool, combining a modern vocation or field "tech", with an old fashioned idea or attitude "parlor". It's a great way to make a sometimes intimidating subject seem more inviting and "user friendly".

This being the idea, I thought the lamp could be more in the area of a Tiffany styled kind of thing (something commonly seen in an old fashioned parlor) to play off of this idea more. I'm not saying this is the solution, but it would probably be an idea that I would explore. Also, maybe integrate the lamp with the text– putting it above Tech Parlor? The top half of the text looks like there is a light shining on it, maybe this could work. That's just my immediate gut reaction. Doing something like this can be hard to pull off and retain it's simplicity but it's a great idea and a good start.