PDA

View Full Version : restore upgrade download problems

puppetlad
Jan 3, 2010, 09:36 AM
my ipod has an issue when i downloaded several apps before i synced it properly to a computer, now after i had synced it all my 3rd party apps don't work any more they start up then go back to home screen straight away.
that's fine i think. so i ring up apple and they say a restore will fix everything. i hold down home and sleep and release sleep to put it in restore mode, then it starts a download of this upgrade thing... now my ipod is blank and unusable until i get this upgrade, that's still fine. but every time my download gets near the end or halfway ok through the speed starts to drop and the progress halts. after a while a message appears saying that i have had a connection time out. ive tried so many times and connection time outs have been a long problem for me, a simple turn off then on with the router usually fixes it but the download has to start again every time unlike the safari downloader which can start from where it was up to..

does anyone know of a setting or SOMETHING that would help me download this file... if it has nothing to do with itunes and all to do with telstra and my wifi then say it and ill dismiss the thread...

JediMeister
Jan 3, 2010, 02:12 PM
Can you use a dedicated Ethernet connection rather than WiFi?

puppetlad
Jan 3, 2010, 09:07 PM
is there any other way to get the restore file, i think i downloaded it before from another site and ive got the file but i don't know what to do with it.