Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LLD123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
Whenever i connect my ipod to my computer it does all the usually automatic sync but it has somehow taken all my music, pictures and videos off and won't put them back on again.:(
I purchased the ipod update and that was sucessful but when i unplugged my ipod and went to listen to music i found there was nothing left on it.
So i went onto my itunes and it appeared with a message saying "unknown error occured, could not complete sync" :mad:
Then i brought some music straight off of itunes on my ipod and plugged it in again and once again it took the music off. I havent lost the music, it is still on my itunes database, i just don't know what to do to get my music back onto my ipod.:confused:
Please, i need some help or advice on what to do as this has confused most people i ask. thanks

LLD123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
Ok i havent done that yet but i shall try that and see if that works, what does the backup do and why should i not do that? thanks

thoryamaha919

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2008
Pittsburgh PA
The back up just is a quick restore just like on a windows when you restore from a period in time. It will have all your info and music contained in it. A full restore will go back to point one with just the software and no music games or apps.

LLD123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
ok, right a restore it is for now and let's see how that goes! i'll tell you how it goes, thanks alot, let's hope it solves my problem, cheers

LLD123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
It's half worked!!

It's half worked!!!!! It took quite a few hours but i have managed to get a few songs back on my ipod but it still doesnt upload all my songs and an error message still appears?! But atleast i have some songs on my iPod for now! thank you :)

iRawkMac

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2009
Have you done all the normal troubleshooting such as:

1. Checking to make sure Sync Music is checked under the Music tab when you have your iPod selected.

2. Make sure all of the songs you want are checked in your library for syncing.

3. Make sure the iPod is authorized with your computer and not some other computer.

I'd check those first and then go from there.

LLD123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
Still not right!

I have done all the troubleshooting but it still isnt right! It still keeps coming up with 'unknown error occured, ipod could not be synced'! I've checked all the songs are selected and that it is authorised to my computer.:confused:
It wont allow me to put anymore songs on here and i recently brought some songs on my ipod, plugged it in, it started to sync and after it had synced i now cant listen to those songs anymore as it flickers and than goes back to the list of songs! :mad:
I dont know what is going on as all i want is for me to be able to put my new cd's onto my ipod but yet it wont sync properly and keeps messing up my music! any idea's would be grateful ?!
thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.