Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dorqiekat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
Hello everyone, I have what I assume to be a pretty easy question. I hope. I got my little brother an ipod, and we accidently uploaded some songs that he didnt want on there. Anyway, is there anyway to delete songs on the ipod? thanks.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
You'd have to specify them *not* to sync during the next cycle. Whether that's customizing the sync to include only certain playlists, or only checked songs. You can't delete them from the iPod while using the iPod (that I know of). Good luck.

ezkimo

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2002
mcarnes said:
Just delete them in iTunes. They will be removed from the iPod the next time you plug it in.

Or dont...

just make it not sink. Select the song on the iPod you dont want and press delete

dorqiekat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
ezkimo said:
Or dont...

just make it not sink. Select the song on the iPod you dont want and press delete

Thats what I'd like to do, but can't figure out how to do it.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
To delete the song from your iPod, just press delete in iTunes whilst browsing your iPod.

To prevent automatic syncing click on the iPod button on the bottom left of iTunes when you have your iPod plugged in and select 'Manually manage songs and playlists'. To transfer songs to your iPod now you will have to drag them to your iPod manually.

Happy podding! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.