Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
These two little robots are a testament to man kind. They will almost certainly last longer than we will! NASA will be wise to use these rovers as a guide to explore the rest of the universe.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Why, does GM need new cars that get stuck in the sand? :confused: ;)

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
I never understood the wheel design, but they made it work with typical NASA complexity. They should have put on fake sexual organs to confuse the aliens.

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
I'm a big science nerd, even though I was never good at math. I love that stuff. I could never even begin to fathom how it's done, but I find space exploration and physics insanely interesting.

I'm the same way. My dad has the masters in physics, and has done the math. My sister's the geologist.

I'm good at computers and other things, but science isn't any of them.

But I love seeing every new shot from Hubble, the launches, etc.

Have you seen a shuttle launch? I got lucky enough to go see one like 6 years ago or so. It was the same week as they flew two shuttles back to Florida piggybacked in the same day.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I'm the same way. My dad has the masters in physics, and has done the math. My sister's the geologist.

I'm good at computers and other things, but science isn't any of them.

But I love seeing every new shot from Hubble, the launches, etc.

Have you seen a shuttle launch? I got lucky enough to go see one like 6 years ago or so. It was the same week as they flew two shuttles back to Florida piggybacked in the same day.

I have not. I bet that was awesome! I'm jealous.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

I lived in the Orlando area and went and saw STS-67 launch at 1:38 am EST. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

I was able to see the smoke trails from most launches from my home providing that there wasn't too much cloud cover. I also heard the twin sonic booms as the shuttles were returning to the Kennedy Space Center.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.