Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacManiac1224

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2001
NY
OK, it's getting close, only a few short weeks, or days. I have made many predictions before, but these are mine now:
----------------
new iMac: maybe G4 in high end
Apollo G4 in Power Mac's
Maybe increased size in iBook display
I am not sure but: new Keyboard and Mouse (2 button)
Also maybe new digital device
--------------
I am not sure about the iBook or keyboard and mouse. I really wish Apple came out with a 2-button with scroll because when I am on my computer I need a scrollwheel. Currently I use the intelli mouse. But we will see.
Well, What do you guys think?

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
shutup theres gotta be a 100 posts already of what everyone thinks is gonna come out, READ THEM we're sick of typing

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
I have to say that some of the other threads have gone way off topic + take far too long to read all the way through!!

I think!!

G3 iMac (up to 1Ghz with LCD's)
PowerMac (with appollo up to 1.2Ghz)

I think this prediction is realistic, but I cant work out why the uk apple store has an estimated build time on all product lines of between 7-15 days!! (Powermac, imac, ibook + powerbook???)

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Mental Issues

A message to rekras:

Why don't you shut up, you seem to not understand the way that MacRumors work! You must be a complete IDIOT! There is no point in say this kind of this. Also I wish I didn't have to say it.

Ensign Paris <theensign@brooklineuk.com>

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
My 2¢

This is what I think we will see:

iMac LCD - G3 - 256mb RAM - GeForce 2 - 1ghz

Powermac - G4 - 512mb+ - Geforce 3 + - 1.4ghz

End of 15" Studio Display

17", 19" and 22"

Lower Price on iPod

and a new digital device.

elfin buddy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2001
Tuttlingen, Germany
MWSF

for mwsf, i think they will certainly release a new imac with 700-800mhz for low end, 800-900mhz for mid, and 1ghz g4 for high end. hard drive sizes will most likely stay the same except for the low end (30gb, mb?). the teo lower imacs will come with cdrw as standard. high end will come with combo standard and all three will have the option of upgrading to either combo or super. also, the low and mid range imacs will be targeted at education and consumers so i believe they will stay crt for the time being. i believe the high end imac will have a 15" lcd. apple didnt order many of these because they are fearing another cube. the lcd imac will be very expensive for an imac, while it will also be targeted at consumers (pro-sumers?). this is what happened with the cube and apple is keeping lcd imacs in short supply to ensure this doesnt happen again and to increase demand. ram will stay relatively the same.

ibook will have a very minor update; probably a small speed bump at least to 700mhz to keep up with everything else.

the tibook will have a larger speed bump (800mhz?), and a bigger hard drive if possible. maybe even a new video card if we're lucky =)

g4 towers with speeds up to 1.2ghz and the apollo chip will be released. the high end probably wont be available immediately (maybe 2-3 weeks later). small changes in configuration will probably also be present (like LOTS more standard ram, maybe 512 or something).

the g5 computer will be announced but will probably not be released for another 2 months. apple will do this to make sure people arent as pissed with this expo as they were at mwny. expect some KICKASS hardware standard on these puppies like 1.0-1.4ghz (1.6 only for the very optimistic) processors, 512mb ram all around >:)~ maybe even a dual g5 for people who really want to break the bank!

a new server g4/g5 might also be announced. new enclosures and configurations for these servers are very likely. i havent heard anything about this on rumor sites recently but i think its a definate possibility (thing 2!). apple wanting to make it a g5 could be the reason that it was not released earlier.

at least one new apple-branded program will be released (iphoto anyone?). i dont expect any new itoys like ipod to be released at this expo. a new mouse may be released but i doubt a new keyboard will. the mouse is getting old but the keyboard is just fine for me =)

of course, these are just my speculation and are to be taken with a grain of salt =) heres hopin this expo is the biggest and best one yet! cheers!

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
ANYONE OF MANY THINGS WILL FIT THE BILL

1 ghz anything, g5 pro model, lcd imac, g4 imac, ipda, "major" revison of osx

one of more of these items will make the macworld san francisco worth the event

minor things like speed bumps and more colors for imac and ibook will still be welcome and so will a new feature for the tibook

but i am betting on something big with a few little things for apple this january

in the end for the consumers, i want to see a better and faster line of products

in the end for apple inc., i want to see the stock value go up more, and the recent gains in the stock value are a small, but encouraging step in the right direction

a complete surprise like a redesigned cube, another mysterious digital device, or an apple cell phone will be totally cool and get the juices flowing

i see a profitable year for apple and maybe another small jump in overall market share and industry respect from the pc world (shooting for six or seven percent of the total market will be a worthy goal for 2002)

in the last few weeks, the predictions have been getting more exciting since we are less than a week and a half away and the predictions and checkbooks/credit cards will be on the ready once we are merely days away from that january 7th "d-day" when steve jobs unleashes the new mac stuff in san francisco at macworld

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
Tiger Bay
it's over 6 months since apple bought spruce. something is due on that front....re DVDSP or a real time mpeg card. would this tie in with a new digital device? i don't care what number the new towers get. i'm waiting for the elimanation of "render all". FCP3 does real time in some things but there is still a lot of rendering to be done. i think it will be another year or two before i can do all FCP stuff real time.

OSUbuckeyefan

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2001
My predictions:
===============
LCD iMac
G5 introduced
Faster G4's
19" display
Elimination of 15" display
Higher resolution on 22' Cinema Display
OS X v.10.2 (introduced)

[Edited by OSUbuckeyefan on 12-29-2001 at 11:19 AM]

Classic

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2001
I wish.....

Originally posted by OSUbuckeyefan
My predictions:
===============
LCD iMac
G5 introduced
Faster G4's
19" display
Elimination of 15" display
Higher resolution on 22' Cinema Display
OS X v.10.2 (introduced)

I hope you are right, but I think you are delusional.

There is no way the G5 will be released. Nor will 10.2.

I do agree that if a 19" display is released, then most likely, so will a higher res 22". The 22" and 17" currently have the same vertical resolution, with the 22" having more horizontal resolution. So, if the 19" is taller than the 17", there will be some weird issues going on... if the 22" remains the same, then a 19" might have about the same area, but different proportions, as the current 22".

I also think the 15" will go into new LCD iMacs.

I think there wil be some new device. Not sure what. I'd love to see a tablet of sorts, but I think it will be more consumer electronics oriented. Maybe a camera and iPhoto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.