PDA

View Full Version : dontpanic #1

Don't panic
Aug 14, 2004, 02:45 PM

alanbuilds
Aug 14, 2004, 04:49 PM
You've got my vote!

Your proposed graphic is definitely my favorite avatar I've seen on the entire Forum! (Uh-oh, mistake: I've just insulted all the judges ) Would make me laugh aloud & feel good every time I'd see it, I'm sure . . . Hope you get to keep it . . . I just wish I'd thought of it first . . .

Wasn't there a State that was giving away a Mozart CD to every newborn (to make them smarter?) a while ago? I wish it was a copy of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" DVD set instead!

Don't panic
Aug 14, 2004, 04:58 PM
You've got my vote!

Your proposed graphic is definitely my favorite avatar I've seen on the entire Forum! (Uh-oh, mistake: I've just insulted all the judges ) Would make me laugh aloud & feel good every time I'd see it, I'm sure . . . Hope you get to keep it . . . I just wish I'd thought of it first . . .

Wasn't there a State that was giving away a Mozart CD to every newborn (to make them smarter?) a while ago? I wish it was a copy of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" DVD set instead!

thanks.
the guide is definitively one of my favourite books. I've read it nth times but it always cracks me up.
I don't have the dvd set. is it worth getting?

iMeowbot
Aug 14, 2004, 08:58 PM
Something neat about the angle of the sign, it makes the avatar border look as though it's tilting right. Strangely appropriate.

katanna
Aug 14, 2004, 10:23 PM
Something neat about the angle of the sign, it makes the avatar border look as though it's tilting right. Strangely appropriate.

I thought the EXACT same thing when I first saw it!!!
Kinda tilted my head...

Matthew

Don't panic
Aug 16, 2004, 09:54 AM
darn! you got me. I included in the image file a tiny bit of code that causes a time-space warp that will suck up all your peecees and substitute them with brand new G5s.
The catch? they will be folding (http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=29051) for me!

RickMGoldie
Sep 12, 2004, 06:04 AM
thanks.
the guide is definitively one of my favourite books. I've read it nth times but it always cracks me up.
I don't have the dvd set. is it worth getting?

The DVD set is an absolute must for h2g2 fans. It has the six TV episodes on one disc (3 of which are longer than the original broadcasts) with a choice of original or remastered soundtracks, and a bunch of extras on the second disc plus there are some easter eggs if you can crack the cryptic clues.

I would also recommend the 8 disc Collectors CD Set with the entire radio series and audio documentaries etc.

Just time to go through them all again before the new film comes out. I do hope it won't be a disappointment.