Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Illmetaphor

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I have a Canon HF S 10...I am going to be shooting events, music videos, concerts, sports, interviews, anything really.

Can anyone suggest a good Tripod for less than $100 ? Keep in mind I will hopefully be jumping to prosumer in the next 6 months.

2jaded2care

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2003
Atlanta
I'm not aware of a decent fluid head/tripod combo for less than $100 new.

If you can go closer to $200, I'd consider either the Matthews M25 or Libec TH-650DV from B&H or Markertek. I haven't used either of these exactly, but the Libec TH-M20 (previous, discontinued model) works OK for the price, around $180. You might find one used on eBay for around $100 if you're patient (I did).

Good luck.

martinX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Australia
Take a look at Velbon (for example). I tried one recently (can't remember the model, sorry) and was very surprised at both it's weight (solid, not flimsy) and the smoothness of the head's action. I would say it was as good as the Manfrotto 190 with 128RC head I have at home. The Velbon was under A$100, too. Not too many Manfrottos are...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.