Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nadeyp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
Hi everyone, I am sorry to ask what is likely to be an obvious question but i seem to have lost hundreds of photos after assuming they were all being back-up by my time machine.

i am now trying to avoid this by backing up my current iphoto library. However, i cannot find these photos when i search in my time machine files. Am I doing something totally wrong? I do not want to lose any more photos but am running out of room on my MacBook.

Thank you and take it easy on a newbie to the Mac World!

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
iPhoto has a big library file where all the photos are stored in, called iPhoto Library.

So Time Machine will save that big file, but you can browse the contents of that file by right clicking on it and selecting Show Package Contents.

PS: The iPhoto Library file is located in Macintosh HD > Users > YOU > Pictures.

iphotolibrary-01.png

iphotolibrary-02.png

iphotolibrary-03.png

stolen from here: http://theappleblog.com/2007/11/06/how-to-access-your-iphoto-08-library-from-your-browser/

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Just an additional note to add to the above. When you edit or adjust a pic with iPhoto it will save the modified file in that Modified folder in the above capture. The original will stay in the Original folder. They will never match each other, so don't fret that.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.