Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
New with this.
What am I missing?

What I have:
MacBook Pro. Mac OS X 10.5.8. Leopard. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3. Video card. NVIDIA GeForce 9400M.

What I installed:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP2B for System Builders - 1 Pack [OLD VERSION]

Games that are suppose to work with Windows XP but:
Do not install after repeated attempts.
Ones that did install do nothing load when double clicked
or give me a message "We can not locate a video card to run the game.

Operation: Hostage Rescue Close Quarter Combat

Vietcong: Purple Haze Includes Full Version of Vietcong and the Fist Alpha Expansion Pack

Vietnam: Black Ops

Joint Operations - Combined Arms

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
Did you install all the drivers from the Leopard DVD? Looks like you may be missing GPU drivers on your machine.

ildondeigiocchi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Montreal
New with this.
What am I missing?

What I have:
MacBook Pro. Mac OS X 10.5.8. Leopard. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3. Video card. NVIDIA GeForce 9400M.

What I installed:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP2B for System Builders - 1 Pack [OLD VERSION]

Games that are suppose to work with Windows XP but:
Do not install after repeated attempts.
Ones that did install do nothing load when double clicked
or give me a message "We can not locate a video card to run the game.

Operation: Hostage Rescue Close Quarter Combat

Vietcong: Purple Haze Includes Full Version of Vietcong and the Fist Alpha Expansion Pack

Vietnam: Black Ops

Joint Operations - Combined Arms

Are you running Windows on Bootcamp or a Virtual Machine. Gaming is more preferable under Bootcamp. Also, as Rodus pointed out you should visit http://www.nvidia.com for new drivers. Also I really don't suggest XP or XP Home Edition for that matter for gaming purposes. Windows 7 32-bit will be much better for your needs. XP is very outdated compared to the clean cut Win7 which in my opinion handles games better. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.