PDA

View Full Version : iLikeMyiMac #7

iLikeMyiMac
Aug 14, 2004, 06:48 PM
A cropped pic of the St. Louis Science Center Planetarium in its patriotic display of red, white, and blue (I only took a shot of the blue). I see this many times when I drive down hwy 40/64 next to Forest Park. I know there are a couple St. Louis forum members who know what I'm talking about.

mainstreetmark
Aug 16, 2004, 11:02 PM
Ah yes... I remember watching "Plan 9 from Outer Space" on that curvy "screen". They projected it against the side of that building one night. By the time I moved away from Saint Louis, they ripped all the interesting stuff out of there, I heard. Got rid of the star projector and everything.

Free museums rock, and for some reason I feel much better about dropping a $10 in the donation box than paying the mandatory $4 that other museums charge.

katanna
Aug 16, 2004, 11:13 PM
Free museums rock, and for some reason I feel much better about dropping a $10 in the donation box than paying the mandatory $4 that other museums charge.

Amen, brudda.

Matthew

stoid
Aug 16, 2004, 11:39 PM
That reminds me, I need to head over and check out the new Space exhibit and IMAX film. It's still going on, isn't it?

iLikeMyiMac
Aug 17, 2004, 10:17 AM
That reminds me, I need to head over and check out the new Space exhibit and IMAX film. It's still going on, isn't it?
I think its still going on because they have a giant inflatable astronaut on the roof. :D

Mr. Anderson
Aug 17, 2004, 10:19 AM
But you know, living in DC for 12 years, I didn't go to the Smithsonian half as much as I'd have liked. Great museums, totally free and I'd drive by them regularly....

And now that I'm not living there anymore, I'm looking forward to visiting and going to them :D

Figures,

D

Kwyjibo
Aug 17, 2004, 10:22 AM
Mr. A that was strange for a second, I could have sworn ARN posted that ....

Mr. Anderson
Aug 17, 2004, 10:26 AM
Mr. A that was strange for a second, I could have sworn ARN posted that ....

Ha, well, plan on fixing that, sorry for the confusion. :D

D