Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiexgrr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
Hi everyone, I currently own a 2nd gen Macbook, it has a 2Ghz Core2Duo, 1.5Gb ram and is running OSX Leopard 10.5.7 (I know it needs an update)

Over the past few months my laptop has been getting progressively worse symptoms. It started out NOT wakeing from sleep, I would have to hardkill it sometimes to get it to respond. After this, I noticed that it wouldnt Turn on and I would have to remove the battery and let it sit not plugged in for a few minutes as if it was again sleeping but no "breathing" light.

Most recently it is very VERY hard to get it to charge, the AC Adapter is only 2 old (left the old on in Italy on vacation) and the laptop its self is aprox 2.5-3 years old.

Its had a hard life, its used EVERY day and has had its share of bumps and scrapes.

Is there anyway to correct this with out bringing it in to be fixed? I fear fixing it will cost much more then its worth, in which case I'll upgrade.

Thanks,

Tyler.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.