PDA

View Full Version : App that mimicks breathing status light on nokia phones?

silentmalek
Jan 6, 2010, 03:16 AM
As subject, anyone know of an app that flashes/fades the screen when on lock to notify of a missed call/sms/email?

Cheers

Jeremy1026
Jan 6, 2010, 08:26 AM
As subject, anyone know of an app that flashes/fades the screen when on lock to notify of a missed call/sms/email?

Cheers

None. If the screen is locked (off) then nothing can be run on it.

GoCubsGo
Jan 6, 2010, 08:27 AM
It seems to be a fairly popular request, a status light indicating missed call or incoming message. Though I would not want them to hinder the design to add it so I just press the lock button frequently.

ctt1wbw
Jan 6, 2010, 09:09 AM
Wouldn't that just run down the battery that everyone already bitches about?

Jeremy1026
Jan 6, 2010, 09:49 AM

Yes, but if they got this, they could bitch more. Which seems to be what the majority of the mac rumors user base lives for.

ctt1wbw
Jan 6, 2010, 02:08 PM
You got that right. Almost every Mac user bitches incessantly about something. I've been using Apple since before the days of the Apple //c and I love every minute of it.

SooneratND
Jan 6, 2010, 02:31 PM

Flashing the screen would, but a single LED wouldn't have any noticeable effect on battery life.

ctt1wbw
Jan 6, 2010, 02:42 PM
Didn't they say the same thing about Push notifications?

Mr. Gates
Jan 6, 2010, 03:08 PM
The most logical thing for them to do, is to make the little Apple :apple: on the back of the phone glow with a single low power LED.
But, Apple is NOT going to do that:(

Vandam500
Jan 6, 2010, 03:25 PM
If something like this comes out it will be for jailbroken phones

testcard
Jan 7, 2010, 07:50 AM
The most logical thing for them to do, is to make the little Apple :apple: on the back of the phone glow with a single low power LED.

Don't most users leave their iPhones face up?

countrydweller
Jan 7, 2010, 08:50 AM
You got that right. Almost every Mac user bitches incessantly about something. I've been using Apple since before the days of the Apple //c and I love every minute of it.

Tis the nature of forums, all of them.

RedTomato
Jan 7, 2010, 01:53 PM
I suppose it's possible on a jb phone.

I know one jb app that makes your iphone into a clock, and overides the auto-power off (don't ask about battery life).

There are other jb apps that modify the lock screen to show share info, texts, calls, news tickers etc.

If that's possible, then you could certainly have an app that keeps the lock screen on, but with a black screen at lowest backlight and breathes / flashes it every now and then to show missed calls / texts. Or maybe just flicker a spot in one corner.

I'd quite like something like that actually. I jailbroke my 2G iphone a few weeks ago, and while there are some difficulties, it'd be hard for me to accept going back.