Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
come on guys don't be such a d*cks...........when i asked for games to download i was talking about "FREE GAMES"!...i thought Doom was Free or something............i've never been a gamer......so that's the deal.

Sorry if you misunderstood the whole thing, and i know i'd get in legal trouble if i download pirated stuff.....duh!

SO the same question AGAIN!..........what "FREE games" i can download to entertaint myself a little bit while traveling or whatever???

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Not sure what games your looking for, but I have fun playing Pocket Tanks.
Its a simple, yet rather entertaining game.

You can find it at Download.com

Its worth checking out.

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
like i said, i'm far from being a gamer..............the doom i know off was the 1rst Doom like backin 96 or something (the CD came with my PC from factory) so i don't know if it was free or what..........so stop bugging me.

oh and it's weird to hear a lot of people here being all moral and stuff.......like any of you have never downloaded anything illegally (through Kazaa, limewire, adquisition.....etc.)

so stop bitching guys for real.......i just wanted free games to download.

thanks Koodauw for the reply :)

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Joeytpg said:
oh and it's weird to hear a lot of people here being all moral and stuff.......like any of you have never downloaded anything illegally (through Kazaa, limewire, adquisition.....etc.)

What's wrong with having morals? I've never downloaded any illegal stuff or stuff. Like.

And for the record, that post wasn't closed because you asked for Doom 3 for free. That post was closed because Johnney Highschool suggested a warez app for getting software for free, which is not permitted by The Powers That Be on this Forum..

MikeLaRiviere

macrumors regular
May 25, 2004
Yellow, if you'll refer to the DMCA legal trouble thread (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/82158/), you'll see that it's not a question of morals. I could write for pages on end about why licensing is bogus, and I'm talking about music, video, and software. Before you rebut, read the entire DMCA thread.

Mike LaRiviere

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
yellow said:
What's wrong with having morals? I've never downloaded any illegal stuff or stuff. Like.

And for the record, that post wasn't closed because you asked for Doom 3 for free. That post was closed because Johnney Highschool suggested a warez app for getting software for free, which is not permitted by The Powers That Be on this Forum..
It wasn't the warez app that got it closed.

It was the thread starter asking people help him pirate software.

What I don't understand is how anybody thinks that software that is for sale at CompUSA is ever available free legally while it's still on sale.

If he thinks that it's legal, maybe he's willing to go down to the swapmeet and start selling a few hundred Predator vs. Aliens DVDs for this Chinese source.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Joeytpg said:
And NO I haven't, nor have I even downloaded any P2P app nor increased my mega sized iTunes collection past 1 song.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Actually Doom is free now. The source code for the original Doom is under GPL now, but you'll still need a wad file to make it run. ID charges for theirs but there are free ones, including a good recreation of the original calld FreeDoom.

Doom 3 though--certaily not free.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
MikeLaRiviere said:
Yellow, if you'll refer to the DMCA legal trouble thread (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/82158/), you'll see that it's not a question of morals. I could write for pages on end about why licensing is bogus, and I'm talking about music, video, and software. Before you rebut, read the entire DMCA thread.

No thanks. Because it doesn't matter to me what it's based on. I only used the word "moral" in response to the OP's use of it. It's illegal, end of story.

MikeLaRiviere

macrumors regular
May 25, 2004
yellow said:
No thanks. Because it doesn't matter to me what it's based on. I only used the word "moral" in response to the OP's use of it. It's illegal, end of story.

You are correct that it is illegal. However, just because an act is illegal does not necessitate that it is morally wrong. Of course, most downloaders from peer-to-peer networks are not engaging in civil disobedience; they're just getting free stuff. However, I don't feel that they are wrong in doing so. You do feel that they are wrong in downloading, and you are lucky to have current law on your side.

Mike LaRiviere

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
MikeLaRiviere said:
You do feel that they are wrong in downloading, and you are lucky to have current law on your side.

All I can say, and I don't want to drag this thread any further off topic, is if I poured my heart and soul into wiriting a piece of software, you bet your @$$ that I'd be pissed if Johnny Peertopeer was giving my software away for free. I have cats to feed and a wife to bejewel.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
homerchill.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.