PDA

View Full Version : MR login is most aggravating

absolut_mac
Aug 15, 2004, 01:06 AM
It really annoys me when I log in to MR to post a query or answer someone's question, and MR will usually log me out before I hit the *Submit New Thread* or *Preview* button :mad:

Which means that I have to start form scratch if I haven't saved what I have typed. I find this incredibly annoying and most times just don't bother resubmitting my post :(

Is anyone else annoyed by this?

Is there any way they can lengthen the log-in time that one is classified by MR as idle before being automatically logged out?

All opinions appreciated :)

Wes
Aug 15, 2004, 05:07 AM
I stay logged on for weeks or months. I only ever get logged out of I clear my browser's cookies.

jsw
Aug 15, 2004, 07:56 AM
Be sure to click on the "Remember me" checkbox when you log in (I think it's "Remember me" - might be something similar).

Of course, you need to have cookies enabled. You should then have numerous ".macrumors.com" cookies.

edesignuk
Aug 15, 2004, 08:31 AM
I never have a problem here, I haven't had to login for months.

idkew
Aug 15, 2004, 10:25 AM
same here.

i don't even know my pass off the top of my head i login so infrequently.

~Shard~
Aug 20, 2004, 03:40 PM
My opinion is quite the opposite - I find MacRumors seemless to use. I've only ever had to log in once - everytime I go to MacRumors it auto-logs me on. Try clicking the "Remember Me" box, or whatever it might be called and you shouldn't have any problems - as long as you don't clear your cookies. :cool: