PDA

View Full Version : MMS will not work in D.C. suburbs area.

Bozley0621
Jan 6, 2010, 10:09 AM
I continuously get the red exclamation marks. I've restarted the phone, that does the job sometimes, but it won't work...any suggestions.

djuarez03
Jan 6, 2010, 10:41 AM
Switch providers :)

lemonademaker
Jan 6, 2010, 10:49 AM
same here...... been happening for a few weeks in Michigan (detroit area and northern Mich)...... there's been a few threads in the last couple of weeks about this happening all over the country.....

i've tried everything short of a complete restore..... it's gotta be on AT&Ts side... .... luckily I don't MMS a lot, but the few times a week I do I expect it to go thru and 1 out of 20 times maybe..... (we pay all this money for this phone and ATT has nothing to say about something as basic as MMS)...

lemonademaker
Jan 6, 2010, 10:50 AM
Switch providers :)

i guess that's about the only recourse we have...... but damn MMS is so basic isn't it?.....

pugnut
Jan 6, 2010, 10:59 AM
I have no issues in Northern VA or DC sending or receiving. On occasion I will have a issue if I send to multiple people at the same time.

Using a 3gs

gloss
Jan 6, 2010, 11:32 AM
Switch to EDGE and it'll complete fine. 3G around here is finicky.

Bozley0621
Jan 6, 2010, 12:36 PM
I hadn't thought of turning off 3G. I'll try that. Is using my iphone in D.C. going to be like trying to use it in NYC. I know that when I'm on 11th st b/t K St. and Independence avenue...I NEVER have service, even though my phone insists that I do.

fishkorp
Jan 6, 2010, 02:33 PM
I live in MD just north of DC and MMS works just fine for me.

Bozley0621
Jan 6, 2010, 02:38 PM
I live in MD just north of DC and MMS works just fine for me.

I'm just convinced that technology just doesn't like me. I work in Rockville and live in Germantown.