Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4R2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2006
I just ordered a Kiwi wifi to plug into one of my cars OBD II port. There are a couple of iPhone apps that wirelessly connect to this through an ad hoc network and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these apps or can suggest an alternative to consider. The two most highly rated apps appear to be Rev and Dashcommand.

What I'm interested in, aside from the real time monitoring transmitted by the cars ECU including speed/tach/fuel pressure and cool custom displays, is an app that can also display engine codes with related information and reset them.

Thanks in advance!

fj1852

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
I just ordered a Kiwi wifi to plug into one of my cars OBD II port. There are a couple of iPhone apps that wirelessly connect to this through an ad hoc network and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these apps or can suggest an alternative to consider. The two most highly rated apps appear to be Rev and Dashcommand.

What I'm interested in, aside from the real time monitoring transmitted by the cars ECU including speed/tach/fuel pressure and cool custom displays, is an app that can also display engine codes with related information and reset them.

Thanks in advance!

Hey I see you posted this awhile ago, just wondering if you got any advice on which app was better? I've installed an Ipad in my truck and was looking to get either Rev or DashCommand, just not sure which one is better. Any input would be great, thanks man.

Yzord

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2010
I will give you an advice...do NOT go with these apps (Rev is ok, but you need to go in flightmode) but Dashcommand isn't working AT ALL!!!! The refuse to give refunds, they wont react on mails and they also don't react anymore on their forum. Their forum is FULL of angry people who bought this piece of *****.

i lost 50USD and 190USD for the wifi thing. And it is seriously not working at all. I have a supported OBDII car and i know how to setup a network.

So, if you want seriously this kind of stuff, then go for the Rev, because that thing is working for 90%. All others (Fuzzycar, Dashcommand) is a no go area if you love your money.

Tiron

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2011
The developers can't give refunds, you need to go through Apple to get one. It does make sense since you bill it to Apple through your Apple ID.

I'm using DashCommand with an OBDLink WiFi and its working great, I'd get DashCommand again over the others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.