PDA

View Full Version : Does Apple accept broken iPods for their trade-in/recycling program?

MykullMyerz
Jan 6, 2010, 10:37 AM
A friend of mine took his old iPod to Apple and got 10% off of a new one. Does this apply to broken iPods as well?

miles01110
Jan 6, 2010, 10:42 AM
Hmm, not sure. I doubt it, but other retailers like SmallDog will give you some sort of credit towards a new one even if its broken. You could call the Apple Store and ask.

angemon89
Jan 6, 2010, 11:01 AM
I think so. My cousin took in his iPod and got 10% off. The iPod wouldn't hold a charge, like at all. Wouldn't that be considered "broken?"

Ned Nederlander
Jan 6, 2010, 09:57 PM
I just bought a Nano. Took my old unit and got 10 % off. The battery in my old unit was dying. I think they strip down the old unit and recycle the usable parts [ if any ]

01jamcon
Jan 7, 2010, 11:00 AM
They don't really care, I think it helps generate a "greener" image by enticing people to recycle old iPods. As long as the exterior isn't smashed to bits they take them, I traded in an old 4g iPod with a broken hard drive and dead battery as well as obvious scuff marks from where I'd opened the thing, still got the 10%.

BlackiBook
Jan 8, 2010, 03:15 AM
I took a iPod mini with the battery completely missing and got the 10%.... (Wish I would have kept it though)