Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phpeters87

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Are these compatible with iPhones?

I have a 16GB 3G iPhone and am looking for an inexpensive way to view video on a slightly bigger screen.

I understand that the vid quality isn't that great, but for the price ($39.95) I can live with it.

At my previous place of employment, a coworker had a similar player and the vid quality was acceptable and I believe he was watching thru an iTouch, but I don't remember what specific player he had.

http://www.buy.com/prod/curtis-ip9012-imode-7-ipod-player/q/loc/111/213652832.html

213652832.jpg

Features
7” widescreen LCD display for watching videos from iPod
Play music from your iPod
Charge iPod while docked
Connect non-docking iPods, other MP3 players and other audio devices via Aux-In (cable not included)
Watch music videos, TV shows, sports and digital pictures on an 7” widescreen LCD display
Extended viewing angles
Screen swivels 180 degrees and fold flat into with screen facing up or down
Video can be viewed with video player sceen in tablet position
Screen contrast ratio: 350:1
Screen response time: Tr = 30ms / Tf = 50ms
On-screen menu system (brightness / contrast / sharpness /color / hue / screen mode/ default)
Rechargeable, lithium-ion battery with up to 5 hours of video playback
Charges both iPod devices and video player (during AC operation)
Control iPod and player functions with on-board controls or with included remote control
On-board controls include power, volume up/down, AV in, menu, TFT On/Off, iPod, Play/Pause, Stop, Skip/Rev, Skip/Forward
24-button remote control buttons include AV IN, Power/Standby, Wide, iPod Menu, TFT On/Off, DBBS, TFT Menu, Repeat, Album Up, Album Down, Shuffle, Play List Down, Volume down, Volume Up, Play List Up, Mute, Netvigation, Select, Stop, Play/Pause and iPod
Side panel connections include AV IN Jack, AV OUT Jack, Headphone Jack
Unit Dimensions: (H) 1.75” x (W) 8.5” x (D) 7.5”

Tech Specs

Compatible with:
iPod Video 30GB
iPod Nano 2nd 2GB, 4GB, 8GB
iPod (with 30 pin dock connection)
iPod Mini 4GB and 6GB

In the box:
Docking Station for iPod 7” LCD Screen
Remote Control
Car Charger
AC Adaptor
Earbuds
A/V Cables

Includes the following iPod adaptors:
iPod Video 30GB
iPod Mini 4GB & 6GB
3rd Generation iPod 10GB, 15GB, 20GB
iPod Nano 2nd 2GB, 4GB, 8GB
iPod Photo & Color
U2 iPod 20GB & 30GB
4th Generation iPod
iPod Nano 1st 2GB & 4GB

stanopoly

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
Any news

I found this on woot.com for a ridiculously low price, and bought it before finding out if it was iPhone compatible. Before I dismantle anything, I was hoping to find out if you or anyone else found out if iPhones will work with it... I want to return it in tact if not... anything?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.