PDA

View Full Version : Earbuds pain in the arse

macsucka
Jan 7, 2010, 01:08 PM
So, why does this company not come out with earbuds that stay in place and don't hurt after a half hour of use, you would think the company would want to please its cash pit ie. customers

Ca$hflow
Jan 7, 2010, 01:11 PM
everyones ear is different. check out aftermarket earbuds for the best fit.

Drumjim85
Jan 7, 2010, 01:19 PM
"Earbuds pain in the arse" ... well you're obviously putting them in the wrong place.

But seriously, there are plenty of comfortable earphones out there. My custom fit ones i currently use are so comfortable you hardly know they're there. My guess is you get what you pay for, and you can't get a good pr of earphones for under $100.

bigjnyc
Jan 7, 2010, 01:52 PM
It all depends on your ear, for example I cannot use the base apple headphones that come with ipods and iphones because they wont stay in my ear and they slip out. I then tried the very expensive Bose headphones and my right ear was snug but my left ear for some reason was very loose which was annoying (and yes i tried the different size inserts and tried different combinations) I then tried these cheap bass booster sony headphones ($20) and they were snug but hurt my ear after wearing them for a while. Finally I decided to try apple's new in ear headphones (the $79 ones) and so far so good I love them.

so the point is that it all depends on your ear, no company can possibly make a headphone that will fit everybodys ear perfectly.

thegoldenmackid
Jan 11, 2010, 10:15 PM
Even something like Shure/Westone's yellow foam buds won't fit everyone to their liking, and those literally mold to your ear. Go to the Apple store and ask for a Shure demo, tell them that the fit kit is behind the Genius Bar and have fun. Thank Chris Lyons for that tad bit of information.