Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harleygold

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2009
Anderson
Can anyone tell me how i can get rid of the spots on this pic? I have pixelmator but was wondering if iPhotos edit options will do the trick.

harleygold

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2009
Anderson
this was a spur of the moment shot. taking another wont happen anytime soon. O well, still a pretty good shot :D

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
You're using a Sony DSC H-50 camera which has an aperture priority mode. Your shot is at f4; the camera's widest aperture is f2.7

If you set the camera to aperture priority with the aperture wide open, and the lens as close as possible to the glass of your car window, then you would be more likely to get the dirt on the window completely out of focus.

Jon-Luke

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2009
Cape Town
I had a quick go at doing a fix - but if you you want it really clean its gonna take a long time and a lot of cleaning up... (Nice shot - next time open the window :eek:)

Attachments

• Silverod.jpg
    Silverod.jpg
    636.8 KB · Views: 127

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
A few hours in Photoshop and I could get rid of them manually by cloning and spot healing. Then doing something major blending. And then maybe most would be gone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.