Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angien21189

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
When I log into ichat I can only see myself. The other person sees and hears me perfectly but I do not see them. One time it did work and I could see him. I did nothing differently. What is wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
When I log into ichat I can only see myself. The other person sees and hears me perfectly but I do not see them. One time it did work and I could see him. I did nothing differently. What is wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks
They have to have a webcam too....

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
Is your buddy using a Mac or PC.

I had a chat with a relative in another state the could see me fine, and see themselves fine in a small window, but I couldn't see them... (They were on a NEW PC).

The problem was that they were opening their webcam with the Logitech program and then launching Skype band then connecting to the chat.

Since Logitech had control of the camera Skype could not access it for broadcast.

So, maybe the problem is not on your end.

angien21189

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
Is your buddy using a Mac or PC.

I had a chat with a relative in another state the could see me fine, and see themselves fine in a small window, but I couldn't see them... (They were on a NEW PC).

The problem was that they were opening their webcam with the Logitech program and then launching Skype band then connecting to the chat.

Since Logitech had control of the camera Skype could not access it for broadcast.

So, maybe the problem is not on your end.

Okay I can try that, any other ideas if this doesnt work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.