Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rpcornelius

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
Hi,
I need some help building a folder action.
What I an trying to do is Build a folder action that will import photos to iphoto.
The part that I am having a problem is that I would like the folder action to be applied to all of the sub folders but i can't figure out how to get the folder action to be automatically added to a newly created sub folder.
Any help would be appreciated.
Ryan

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Hi,
I need some help building a folder action.
What I an trying to do is Build a folder action that will import photos to iphoto.
The part that I am having a problem is that I would like the folder action to be applied to all of the sub folders but i can't figure out how to get the folder action to be automatically added to a newly created sub folder.
Any help would be appreciated.
Ryan

You can script System Events to install actions, although this won't work if the files you want to process are in the folder before you add the action, obviously. I haven't tested this, but try it.

Code:
tell application "System Events"
	try
		attach action to folder "myPath:myFolder:" using "myScriptToInstall.scpt"
	end try
end tell

rpcornelius

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
Any thoughts on how to modify that script so that every time a new sub folder is added It will attach the folder action?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.