Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I have FCS 2 and I've set my Scratch (and all other FCP folders) to my External HD. In my External, it created a folder called "Final Cut Pro Documents".

However, every time I launch FCP, it creates the same folder in my Home folder (in My Documents).

I've all the most recent updates. It's just an annoying problem. Anyone got a solution?

Thanks in advance.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Anybody!? Surely this isn't a problem unique to me.

TheStrudel

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2008
It does that because it stores the Autosave vault (among other things) on the user drive. While it might include a scratch folder there, it'll still put the scratch where you specify. If you want it to not do that, you may have to tell it not to bother with the Autosave vault.

Unless your files and folders have to be totally clean, I don't see how that's a problem. It's just keeping your autosaves (which I have seen bail people out) somewhere safe.

evil_santa

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
London, England
are your Waveform / thumbnail Cache & autosave vault set to the same drive, check to see where they are and if the problem still there post a screen grab of you System Settings/ Scratch Disks.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
@TheStrudel Oh, okay. I didn't know why it kept doing that.

@evil_santa I think they are set to the same drive. I'll check it later and report back.

Thanks guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.