Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haynes2nkn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
HI i just installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit on my new :apple:macbook 13":apple: Everything installed fine and i installed the apple drivers. Then i tried to connect to the internet wirelessly and it said there wasnt any and i couldnt connect. Please help i have no clue what to do i have tried to restore and uninstall windows and installed it again everything else works perfectly though.Any Thoughts?? Thanks

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Can you get to device manager? Look for any question marks or otherwise unconfigured devices.

B

haynes2nkn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
i went there and it said that there was a problem with the network controller and that it wasnt installed

whitacre

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2010
I've encountered the same problem, with an early 2008 Macbook Pro. I'm using parallels and trying to get everything working as best as I can without the Mac OS X install CD's... which is where all the drivers for the hardware are located.

So basically, have you inserted your Mac OS X DVD while running in Windows? It'll load the drivers necessary for the network adapter among many other things...

haynes2nkn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
I've encountered the same problem, with an early 2008 Macbook Pro. I'm using parallels and trying to get everything working as best as I can without the Mac OS X install CD's... which is where all the drivers for the hardware are located.

So basically, have you inserted your Mac OS X DVD while running in Windows? It'll load the drivers necessary for the network adapter among many other things...

Yeah i installed everything that was on my MAC OS X Snow Leapord DVD and installed everything on there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.