PDA

View Full Version : iBook and Projector

decypher
Jan 8, 2010, 09:31 PM
I'm hooking up an old ibook to a projector. When working on the screen of the iBook to open browser windows and apps to display video on the projector, The program always appears far off the screen. Displays are mirrored so the program isn't appearing half on the projector or anything.

Is there a setting or a certain resolution my ibook screen must be at so my windows won't keep getting clipped. It really slows down the screenings.

spinnerlys
Jan 8, 2010, 11:45 PM
Your iBook only has a resolution of 1024x768 pixel (unless you have and older G3 one or so), so the projector should be able to output that resolution.

Have you looked at System Preferences > Displays what your current resolution is when the projector is connected?

Also what version of Mac OS X do you use with that iBook and what specific iBook do you have?

There is a software hack for iBook G4s (maybe it works for G3s too) called Screen Spanning Doctor (http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html) that gives you the ability to extend the iBooks display to another external monitor (or the projector in this case) instead of just mirroring the display.

It worked fine for me.