Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suzzzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
I've been having issues with the trackpad on my macbook, and before anyone assumes I haven't tried looking around elsewhere for a solution, I have. I've made sure that "ignore accidental trackpad input" checked.

Here's what happens: I will be typing, and the curser will get shifted so that it highlights my text, without me noticing, then I continue to type and it deletes the text. I've found the solution to this problem - the above accidental trackpad input option. But it hasn't solved my problems at all, nor all of them. Though I have this checked, text is still highlighted, still deleted. This is an off-and-on problem. Sometimes I have no errors with my trackpad at all, but tonight I've had so many problems that I'm making this post. Along side this, I could be moving the cursor around with the trackpad and, though I'm no where near touching the clicker, it clicks randomly. I could be moving the mouse around my screen, and it'll click on random links, tabs, off and on things, so it's not an error with just typing and the trackpad, it's with the trackpad itself.

I can't find a solution to the problem, other than backward things like shutting the cursor off all together with the "hit option five times" setting. Shouldn't there be a way to fix this without disabling the cursor itself?

The macbook is maybe two and a half years old, I bought it this summer from the previous owner who said he rarely used the computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.