Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
This question is specifically for people using a Black Rapid strap with a battery grip added (so you have a vertical shutter button and grip the camera around its bottom while using it in portrait orientation).

Does the connector (in the tripod mount of the battery grip) make using the camera in portrait orientation uncomfortable? I imagine in that orientation, the connector would jut out into the palm of your hand. Is it annoying?

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
This question is specifically for people using a Black Rapid strap with a battery grip added (so you have a vertical shutter button and grip the camera around its bottom while using it in portrait orientation).

Does the connector (in the tripod mount of the battery grip) make using the camera in portrait orientation uncomfortable? I imagine in that orientation, the connector would jut out into the palm of your hand. Is it annoying?

Been using this strap in both camera orientations without any discomfort. No worse than having a head plate in while shooting...

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007
I don't think its annoying or unpleasant. I used to have my tripod plate mounted before I got the R-strap and while none of them was uncomfortable in any way the R-strap mount feels smaller and more 'ergonomic'.

Even if I did notice the mount I would still use the R-strap because the camera is just so much easier to carry around and use. The R-strap has made me take my camera out much more than I used simply because it's so great and 'easy' to use compared to a traditional strap.

My 2 cents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.