PDA

View Full Version : AlanAudio #1

AlanAudio
Aug 16, 2004, 03:28 PM
I took this picture shortly after unpacking my G4 iMac when they first came out.

It was a bit of fun that further developed the pay-off gag in the 'animated Mac in a shop window' ad that Apple ran on TV at the time.

By shooting from a slightly high angle, the CD drawer becomes more obviously a smiling mouth, the Apple logo a nose and the style and proportion of the pro speakers made them totally perfect for the eyeballs, the round base made a perfectly proportioned head too.

Everything fitted so perfectly together that I assumed everybody was playing the same silly game with their iMacs too, but it appeared that they weren't.

Macs throughout the years have often had a smiley face on the start-up screen, my whole Mac smiles.

It seems to epitomise what Macs are all about.

iLikeMyiMac
Aug 16, 2004, 03:38 PM
I'm going to try that right now with my iMac.
edit: I can't do it. My speakers keep rolling off. :(

AlanAudio
Aug 16, 2004, 04:19 PM
iLikeMyiMac

I'm going to try that right now with my iMac.
edit: I can't do it. My speakers keep rolling off.

Hint ..... You may need to use some duct tape to hold the speaker wires tight where it can't be seen and a little Blu-Tack to stop the speakers sliding down.

You'll also need to take a second picture of the screen without the drawer open and Photoshop it in place to hide the eject symbol on the screen when the drawer is open.

It was only a special pose for the picture. It's not really like that all the time in real life :)

iMeowbot
Aug 16, 2004, 04:54 PM
Hint ..... You may need to use some duct tape
How did you know? :eek:

iLikeMyiMac
Aug 16, 2004, 05:33 PM
Maybe I need to buy better quality duct tape. The stuff I use leaves little grey bits of adhesive behind when you peal it off and I'm afraid that I will mar my beautiful white iMac if I try it.