Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Finally got my new Atv setup last night the way I want. Have a brand new external Hard drive with 576 movies. Pointed Atv to the External Hard drive and made the necessary adjustments in the Itunes library folder. Last night Atv showed all the movies in it's menu and I successfully watched one.

This morning a different story. Checked Itunes to see how it was working; as last night it was extremely sluggish after I had changed over to the External Hd. This morning it was no different; there was nothing showing in the "Movies" item under my wireless connection; but it did show that it was working at retrieving the info. I left it for aprox. 30 minutes. Still nothing showing and still working. I therefore shut down Itunes and retsarted; thinking that this may help. Didn't! It was at this time that I noticed that Itunes was showing that some video had been synced to Atv; as the storage bar was showing 44 Gig used. I did not intentionally sync any video and there was none synced last night. I had set all settings in Itunes to "Not Sync"! I than checked my external Hd; all my music files were there and only 6 out of 576 movie files were showing and that is the way it sits now. I went into my properties for the HD and it showed that the disk has 662 GB used and 1237 files. The files are there; but not visible. I immediately checked the Atv to see what it was showing and all the movies still show in it's menu and I was able to play several that I picked at random.
What happened??

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Maybe a Little hasty in claiming that I had a problem. Sitting back and thinking about this and realized that these missing files just maybe somewhere else. Sure enough; checked amongst my music folders and there was a folder called "Movies"; opened it and it revealed all my movie files.

A couple things baffle me though. Why did it not include the six files that were left in their original locations; and what was synced to the Atv and why?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.