Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
California
Hey Guys,

So, I have been out of the game for about 18 or so months, been taking some time off to focus on some other things.

But, I was asked to do this site as a favor, so I wanted to get some input, especially as I feel really rusty.

So, what do you guys think that I need?
There is an opening page and then some sub-pages

http://chcc.testing.ceekdesigns.com/

Thanks Guys

JC7

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Not too bad, really. It's got a good feel to it, and it's bold but not hard on the eyes.

Two things I thought of:

1. Rework the logo a bit. Make the secondary text smaller and justified under the name.

2. I'd rework the main copy as well and try to format it so more can fit with less scrolling. Add a bit of padding to the bottom of the copy as well - it's edged with the footer. Also, style the cite (the person who said the quote) differently (smaller and italicized maybe)..

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
California
Not too bad, really. It's got a good feel to it, and it's bold but not hard on the eyes.

Two things I thought of:

1. Rework the logo a bit. Make the secondary text smaller and justified under the name.

2. I'd rework the main copy as well and try to format it so more can fit with less scrolling. Add a bit of padding to the bottom of the copy as well - it's edged with the footer. Also, style the cite (the person who said the quote) differently (smaller and italicized maybe)..

Thanks

I can't edit the logo, it's already theirs

Thank You that helped, but maybe you could be more specific on what you would like better. Animated Background? More Flash animations?

/s

the vj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
I do not like the layout of the text, there is not rhythm. One thing is to create something minimalistic and another to create something bold. It lacks from graphics desing, the idea is there but is not finished. It looks pretty much as my own web site :confused: I have to hire a guy to give body to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.