PDA

View Full Version : What is that?

akboy
Aug 17, 2004, 12:25 AM
i just got a iBook G4 for college and a couple days into using it the little green light at the top of the keyboard came on and about half of the keys did not work. i shut it down, started it back up and it was working fine.
is there a quicker way to get out of this, is it a sign of a bigger problem?

and is that the only use for the green light?

puckhead193
Aug 17, 2004, 12:27 AM
I think you might have hit by accident the num lock key... its one of your F keys on the very top....

Peter9
Aug 17, 2004, 12:38 AM
sorry, but that's hilarious

OziMac
Aug 17, 2004, 12:48 AM
Yep - this is a classic :D

Hope your iBook is treating you well though. Great machine.

jacobj
Aug 17, 2004, 12:53 AM
My favourite posting in ages.

Abstract
Aug 17, 2004, 03:24 AM
Oh goodness. :p :D

Just so that you don't complain about MacRumours members being complete assclowns, I think you may have pressed num lock, as Puckhead mentioned. Not sure, as I had to read your post several times to find the green light on top of the keyboard, but yeah, that's my guess. :)

kwikdeth
Aug 17, 2004, 03:49 AM
actually, the processor card in my pismo came loose a couple of weeks ago, and when this happened, the machine would only partially power on, you could hear the hard drive spin some, and the number lock light would come on and stay on, but the machine would never turn on past that and no keys worked, and the bottom got incredibly hot. i thought I had killed the damn thing until i started taking it apart and the processor card just came out like it was just laying there.reseated it and everything has been fine since. but it was very weird how that num lock light kept coming on.....