PDA

View Full Version : USB-Audio Interface/foot pedal in one? for GB and Guitar?

ParlZ
Aug 17, 2004, 09:28 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone knows of such a device that acts like a audio interface for guitar that provides a better signal (with less noise) than the normal built in "audio in" in a powerbook. Having said this, I'd also like for this device, to be able to change presets in garageband, in the form of a foot pedal. Basically I want to be able to map the "down" and "up" arrows of the keyboard to the foot pedal... I already know about something called "Guitar Rig" from "NI". Very cool, but it's a bit expensive, and I don't know if it's available in Australia (it probably is and I haven't looked, but too much dough anyway)

This is so I can play live during a gig, and put on some distortion and take it off whenever I like with a foot pedal. Garageband is really useful for this, because it has so many effects that can be put through my amp.

The ppl in my band thought it was quite funny that I wanted to use a laptop for a stomp box, coz I'd smash it with my foot. :p
I just said that I'd have to become really co-ordinated with my toes to press the arrow keys to change presets. (especially since the arrow keys on the laptops are quite small ) :p

lesallen
Feb 6, 2009, 08:22 PM
Hi i agree it would be fantastic to use a footpèdal with garage band . i have a line 6 pod xt ,it would be great to use it if some one can sort out an interface