Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Well with both PS3 & 360 demo's available I have downloaded both and played them both a number of times.

Overall the demo has left me a little subdued gameplay wise. It certainly doesn't offer anything new, although its fundamentals seem grounded - the demo lacks any real pizzaz that would wow the consumer / player.

However one thing I have noticed between the two are how close the two versions are albeit with a few noticeable differences.

The 360 version is running in 720p with 2x anti-aliasing however there are some frame-rate drops especially during the cutscene. There were also a couple of instances when I replayed demo where a texture took a while to load.

The PS3 version shares the same texture assets as the 360 version, however it is clearly running at a slightly lower resolution 640p and it does not have any anti-aliasing. However the frame-rate is solid and it did not have any texture load-in issue. However because of the lower resolution a few small details of things in the distance (ground texture and waves, the serpent waterfall mountains ) appear less detailed and slightly washed out.

The PS3 controller felt better for the game however.

So with a little give and take both games are pretty much leveled out. Technical issues of both versions do not affect gameplay.

I remain subdued from the demo however, and have yet to commit to buy it on either platform simply because it was so average. I will await a review of the final product to see if the gameplay improves beyond the demo.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
I tried the demo, and the game was enjoyable, but nothing amazing. I'll pass. I'm already buying Mass Effect 2, No More Heroes 2, and possibly MAG this month.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
after playing the demo i'm going to a-void it ...

lacks a lot of polish everywhere
the flying is way off and you seem to be moving at snail pace
air fights are more or less turn-n-burn since somehow energy doesn't play the slightest role.. neither do physics
i know it doesn't have to be Il-2 like but if it isn't even up to blazing angels .. why bother.. it' will only be an annoyance
no sort of ammo limit or even overheating for the guns ?

the ground fighting .. seems ok but why always those huge guns firing gazillions of absolutly ineffective rounds ? i know teenagers like shooting at full auto all the time but please it still doesn't make sense

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.