PDA

View Full Version : incase frame case

saccento
Jan 13, 2010, 11:27 PM
I took off my incase frame case today, and it some how scratched the heck out of my phone. before I put the case on, my phone was brand new and now it's all banged up. I've used the regular protective cases and haven't had a problem, but probably cause the frame case has plastic on the back. Any else have this experience? So mad right now.

Abyssgh0st
Jan 13, 2010, 11:32 PM
Not with that specific case, but with an Incase Slider I got a really nasty 1" scratch right on the back of my phone, and it absolutely ruined my bezel.

So now with my 3G S, I just sanded down the bezel with a sponge (for the brushed chrome look), and go case/skinless. Much happier now.

saccento
Jan 13, 2010, 11:37 PM
They are offering me a replacement cause my case was ripping, and when I took it off is when I noticed the scratches/scuffs. They are telling me they will replace with anything but I heard that about the slider case, so I'll stay away from that as well.

BlasphemyCool
Jan 30, 2010, 09:42 AM
I've had horrible experiences with plastic hard cases. Your best bet is to acquire the Incase Protective Cover, which I've used for 2 generations. The first one I used ripped slightly at one edge after 5 months. By that time, I switched to the iPhone 3GS, and reluctantly bought the same case (I figured ripping > plastic case scratching). It's still in perfect condition ever since I bought the iPhone 3GS at release. I also use the Power Support Crystal Film, which pairs up nicely with the Protective Cover.

First, the case fits perfectly snug on the iPhone. You might hear people complaining about it starting to stretch and let dirt in. This won't happen if you leave the cover on without taking it off. If you have to take it off, be careful; same with putting it on.

I've had 5 hard cases before I switched to this rubbery one. Trust me, these covers are the best choice for the iPhone