PDA

View Full Version : My MBA was stolen so now I have a decision to make...




PsyD4Me
Jan 14, 2010, 09:36 AM
I need a notebook within 1-3 weeks....But the sooner the better.

I know that Apple's event on the 26th might include the release of new MBP's but does anyone think that they would also release an updated MBA.

I just don't know if i should just purchase the current MBA...

What do you think?



eawmp1
Jan 14, 2010, 09:38 AM
I need a notebook within 1-3 weeks....But the sooner the better.


1/26 is only 12 days away.

PsyD4Me
Jan 14, 2010, 09:44 AM
1/26 is only 12 days away.

has there been any talk of a possible replacement?
I know there are a lot of rumors about the MBP with a possible i5, but haven't seen anything about the MBA

upaymeifixit
Jan 14, 2010, 09:46 AM
Makes so much more sense to wait. If you really need one now buy one and then you have 30 days to return it for no reason.

eawmp1
Jan 14, 2010, 10:02 AM
has there been any talk of a possible replacement?

No, but 1/26 is only 12 days away.

potdude
Jan 14, 2010, 10:11 AM
Nobody knows if a new one will be released on the 26th, but if one is not you are gonna be waiting 2 weeks for nothing.

If you have another computer, waiting isn't a bad idea. If you can't wait, then buy one now and return it if a new one is announced.

Scottsdale
Jan 14, 2010, 10:55 AM
I believe the MBA will be getting an update with its next release. I think that it will have a new display and possibly a different form factor that will warrant it being "shown off" at a media event. However, I don't know when that will be.

Since the rumors are for a Mac "mobility" media event, I would think that gives credence to the January 26/27 rumored event. As someone else pointed out, that isn't far away.

I would borrow a PC, another Mac, or do anything I could to wait. You could even just buy a used Mac and just resell it after you get your new/next MBA.

My rev B MBA was stolen two months before the MBA update last June. I bought a MacBook and suffered for two months while I waited. It was worth it though, as I got an even better MBA at a $700 discount.

Good luck... and sorry for your loss.

brendu
Jan 14, 2010, 02:15 PM
Its possible there will be an update to the air... im predicting stock 4GB ram, larger storage options, and maybe an all glass trackpad... but thats it... and really thats all the air needs...

I would wait to see... If apple does not update the air at least that little bit.. I will be pretty disapointed... Since you are online to tell us about your misfortune, im guessing you have another computer, or some way to get on the internet that could maybe last you until the end of the month...

maybe get a couple good books to hold you over?

EDIT: just read your sig.. the mac pro definately will hold you over... good luck