Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heyp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
2do seems to be getting better with each update and certainly has an active development team. However, the Things' system is a little more to my liking. I just wish they would add push alerts, but at their development rate that could be 2 years from now or never. On the other hand, 2do has gotten a little more complicated with v1.2, but maybe it just takes a little adjusting.

I'm currently using 2do lite and trying to decide between these two. Anybody have any arguments for or against either?

Graham2010

Jan 18, 2010
Australia
I have both and have switched between a bit lately, but while 2Do has some great features and looks very pretty - I keep coming back to Things.

Having a Mac version plus iPhone version is a big plus.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
i'm considering one of these apps and i want to know how they integrate with iCal specifically. I mean i know they both do but how do they appear in iCal? For example do to do's show up in the iCal to do list, or on the calendar as events? If they are events do they have time associated with them and how is that defined? Or if they are to dos then do you get a notification or can you select how you want them to appear?

techmangonewild

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2004
i'm considering one of these apps and i want to know how they integrate with iCal specifically. I mean i know they both do but how do they appear in iCal? For example do to do's show up in the iCal to do list, or on the calendar as events? If they are events do they have time associated with them and how is that defined? Or if they are to dos then do you get a notification or can you select how you want them to appear?

I use 2do and love it. It syncs flawlessly with iCal and the super simple intuitive interface is pretty darn effective. I have not tried Things but for the cost differential, it would have to have a lot of unbelievable features (like actually helping me get this tasks done) to make it make sense.

runimal

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2009
i was a long-time things users, but irritated by their inability to offer OTA sync, I switched to 2DO.

Well, sadly, I've found myself using GTD much less - I spend a lot of time in front of my mac, and even having both an iPad and iPhone GTD does not make up for the lack of desktop based software.

use iCal to manage my daily tasks on a mac seems like a joke, no sorting whatever.

I use 2do and love it. It syncs flawlessly with iCal and the super simple intuitive interface is pretty darn effective. I have not tried Things but for the cost differential, it would have to have a lot of unbelievable features (like actually helping me get this tasks done) to make it make sense.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
[app]Omnifocus[/app] syncs over the air to it's Mac counterpart. For serious GTDers, it's still the gold standard as far as I understand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.