Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedDragon870503

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Long story short; I did some computer work for a family friend. I noticed two "Yashica Dental Eye II's" sitting out (Medical/Dental macro 35mms). I asked about them and was told they were on their way to the dumpster. The clinic had gone digital.

For reference:
http://cgi.ebay.com.my/yashica-denta...item2ea8832ef8

Like most people on this forum, I felt the need to rescue them.

I get home, do some reading and find out they have a 100mm f4.0 Macro lens that is "non-removable". Ring flash built in.

One of the units was already damaged so I decided to find out if they are really "non-removable". About an hour later, I find out: The lens release is covered by the body. Obviously Yashica didn't want this lens swapped out. I gently pulled the lens out (which has the flash cord still attached and dangling) The mount is a C/Y mount that is easily adapted to an EOS body.

Anyway... I figured this might be a useful tidbit for those of you who want an excellent macro on the EXTREME cheap.

Here are some examples. Major note: I do NOT have a C/Y adapter mount yet so these shots are HANDHELD while HOLDING the lens to the body.

The pictures are the same shot, the closer one is a 100% crop.

Attachments

• 100mm Macro (1).jpg
    100mm Macro (1).jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 100mm Macro.jpg
    100mm Macro.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 38
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.