PDA

View Full Version : what about a iMac g3 anniversary model

MacHamster68
Jan 15, 2010, 08:45 AM
ok i wish for something more basic,
i wish for if apple would build something
in the shape and design of the iMac g3 ,
i am aware of the fact g3 processors wont be built any more ,
but maybe with a intel processor with 1.6ghz out of the first generation mini , but with a crt screen ...2002(700mhz)/2003(600mhz) was the last year of the iMac g3 so what a about a 10 year anniversary model in 2012 in the colors of the olympic rings
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/145/405683661_4feaaa6b64.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3050/2793219756_b2a0eb966f.jpg

and before i get abused for beeing old fashioned mad totally insane
it would not only made a modern computer for iMac g3 fans but also a perfect computer for your kids , kids still love the iMac g3 too as it looks cute
i was about to build one myself , but i cant salvage a iMac g3 , i always feel sorry for them

juliancs
Jan 15, 2010, 08:48 AM
Is the 21.5" imac not simple enough? One power cable, and that's it. Mac have passed their colourful stage - they are all about the sleek aluminium/black now...

MacDawg
Jan 15, 2010, 08:50 AM
Sorry, not happening my friend

Woof, Woof - Dawg http://homepage.mac.com/k.j.vinson/pawprint.gif

MacHamster68
Jan 15, 2010, 09:07 AM
Is the 21.5" imac not simple enough? One power cable, and that's it. Mac have passed their colourful stage - they are all about the sleek aluminium/black now...
sorry 21.5 is simply to big and and it does not have the cute design of the g3 iMac , and the iMac g3 was a fanless design ,i fitted ultra quiet harddrives in my iMac g3's and you cant hear a thing , to hear any movement of the hardrive you have to press your ear on it

pro:
if there is no fan, then no fan can brake or play up ,you dont need a sensor which could play up and they often play up if you follow the demand for fan control

and the iMac g3 had good speakers build in which offer great sound considering their size

Airforcekid
Jan 15, 2010, 09:21 AM
I still use one and I have been considering getting a mac mini placing it inside so it basically stays the same.

talmy
Jan 15, 2010, 10:13 AM
Not going to happen if only because of the lead content of CRTs.

But they could bring back the "Luxo lamp" G4 iMac with an Intel processor.

MacHamster68
Jan 15, 2010, 12:33 PM
lead content in crt's? most crts are still working when they get thrown away , so its not the fault of the crt tube itself , if people dont repair any more , we live in a throw-it- away-after-use-society , and despite some effort to recycle lcd/tft/plasma monitors ..i have no figures , but the majority still ends up on landfill too , so the green factor does not count

but never mind give this anniversary iMac g3 a 15"plasma screen and in the empty space is then enough room for Passive coolers of processor and graphic card behind a translucent case

so in basics the internals of the mini, but with a more basic processor to keep the cost at a level between the basic mini and the 21.5" and every component passive cooled on display

and at the back where now hides a vga port on the old iMac g3 ,give it all new ports like mini displayport, dvi and esata , so peole can connect a huge screen if they feel they need one , but dont force people to huge screens if they dont need one